Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Recap

OK, I know, I've been terrible about keeping this up to date, but I finally have a moment. As you can tell by my lack of writing, things have been terribly busy around here, but in the most fun way! So here's a quick recap of what I've been up to!

After Sarah left, Mom came and we were off to Italy. Unfortunately getting there wasn't so easy because we had to deal with the train strike going on in Southern France. But once we got there, we had a marvelous time. We started our trip in Cinque Terre, which is a group of 5 small towns that were very cool and had amazing views. From there we stopped at Pisa and Lucca on our way to Florence for 2 nights. I really enjoyed Florence. It was a very beautiful city. We made our way back to Aix after that, only to find out that Mom would be staying an extra week due to the volcano. I decided to be a supportive daughter and join her in Monaco as opposed to deserting her and going to class. I just couldn't bare to do that to her! Monaco was wonderful. Beautiful views and lots of sunshine. I had lots of time to work on my tan.

I headed back to Aix on Thursday night in time to go to class on Friday and then on Saturday Clare, Kerri and I left for Madrid. We had a really splendid time eating tapas, drinking sangria and watching a Flamenco show. We had nice weather and got a great taste of the city. We flew back to Aix on Monday, and it was really nice to just be back for a little while. It really does feel like home here now.

The resting only lasted so long, because on the following Saturday morning Clare and I were at the airport early to catch our flight to Prague. It was really cool to see something of what is technically Eastern Europe. I think our favorite part was probably the fact that everything was so cheap. That was a nice break from the everyday expenses of Southern France. We stayed until Monday night, and by then we were very exhausted. Clearly we have been doing quite a bit of traveling.

It's great to be back in Aix now, and we are really on the home stretch here. We only have about 10 more days left in Aix, which feels like nothing! It's a bittersweet feeling, as we're all a little ready to head home but also very sad to be leaving each other. Of course, I still have a month over here, in which time I will be going to Disneyland Paris with Clare, up to London with Katie, over to Germany to visit my friend Dennis, and then back to London to pick up Megan on our way to Greece and Italy. So my travels are far from over! However, I'm going to be without internet soon, so I'm not sure whether or not I'll be able to update my blog. But thanks for following along, I'll update if I can, and see you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment