Monday, March 1, 2010

Relaxing Weekend in Aix

Well, this weekend I was supposed to be going to Germany to visit my friend Dennis, but when I went to buy tickets last week it was too late. All of the trains to Paris (where I would have had to connect) were full due to the Paris vs Marseille soccer game on Sunday. So it ended up being just a relaxing weekend in Aix, which was actually very nice.

On Friday night some girls came over and we just hung out and had a good time. I haven't gotten out of bed before 11 the last two days, just spending my mornings reading my book in bed. I'm reading Julie and Julia right now, and it's really making me wish we had an oven so that I could Master the Art of French Cooking!

On Saturday night we had our weekly Pizza and Beer night with most of the people from our program. It's become a fun little tradition and a great way to make sure we all still see each other. We always end up playing a card game called Mafia, and this time we also played Big Booty, another game I had learned from Y2Y. It was a lot of fun! After lots of pizza and games we went out to some of the pubs, and made it home around 1AM.

Sunday was another lazy day. Kerri, Clare and I went to see Le Mac, which was the new action comedy film that just came out over here. It was a little hard to follow all of the dialogue. They were talking very fast and using a lot of French slang. But it was pretty funny, at least the parts that I did understand. There were several times that everyone in the theater would laugh and I would have no idea why! That night the 3 of us went out to dinner, and then watched The Big Lebowski, which I had never seen.

Today there's a little more on the agenda. We have a test in our Translation class tomorrow, so I guess I'd better study a bit. But the weather is starting to get really nice, so I think we're going to go study at a cafe in the sun! I'm so glad I don't have to wear my coat everywhere anymore!

I hope you're all doing well! Miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment